The Obstetrical (OB) Care Center at Mohawk Valley Health System wants to ensure the health of every baby. If you have missed a period, it’s important to have a pregnancy test. If the test is positive, getting early prenatal care - within the first three months of your pregnancy - is necessary for you and your baby’s health.
We are here to give you the care you and your baby need, even if you are uninsured and can’t pay for services.
The OB Care Center is open Monday to Friday from 8am to 4pm.
What type of services will I receive at the OB Care Center?
Mothers who come to the OB Care Center are in the hands of a very caring and a capable team, consisting of physicians, registered nurses, a nurse practitioner, secretaries, a social worker and a financial counselor.
At the OB Care Center, we give you:
- Routine pregnancy medical check-ups, lab work and access to specialists
- Hospital care during pregnancy and delivery
- Information about pregnancy, labor and delivery
- HIV counseling and testing
- Help in applying for other programs such as WIC and low or no cost health insurance for your children and family
- Full health care for you until at least two months after delivery
- Family planning services.
If you are a patient of our OB Care Center and would like Childbirth Classes, please call 315-624-6241.
What do I do in case of an emergency during my pregnancy?
If you have any problems during your pregnancy, please call us. Even if it’s after hours or over the weekend, our phones are answered by the staff at The Birthplace. A real person - a qualified professional - will be there to answer your questions and give you guidance.
Where will I deliver my baby?
Your baby will be delivered at our Labor & Delivery Unit at St. Lukes Campus. Approximately 2,000 babies are born every year at MVHS. You will be in the same room during your labor, delivery and recovery. Following your recovery, you will be cared for in the post-partum unit for the rest of your stay.